11.29.2011

Modern Family...

Todays post really had nothing to do with what I was actually going to write about. But after just watching last weeks Modern Family I was inspired to change the subject.
I am totally obsessed with Modern Family! I love the characters, story lines, great writing. One of the things I love the most is how the writers weave a a life lesson into the end of every episode, and THIS to me is what sets it apart from all other comedies out there right now.
Today while I ate lunch I was watching "Pumpkin Chukin" which was pretty much the realist Prichetts against the Dreamers in a contest to chuck a pumpkin across a football field. Long story short, the realist end up helping the others to successfully get the pumpkin across the field and at the closing Cam delivered this beautiful quote:

"You’d think the dreamers would find the dreamers and the realists would find the realists, but more often than not the opposite is true.
You see, the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun and the realists, well without the dreamers they might not ever get off the ground."
I found this to be so true, and the way it was scripted and incorporated into the episode was just genius. Modern Family you've done it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment